Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Pardon My Dust

I'll be offline for a short period preparing what I hope will be a new and improved (in appearance if not content) Ocular Fusion. For various reasons, I've decided to switch from Blogger to WordPress with some help from Harding grad and WebbleYou proprietor Justin Baeder.

Justin is just the guy to enable an HTML-challenged, middle-aged blogger like me to pull it off, but I still may need a few days to get things just the way I want. So I beg your pardon for the dust and please check back soon.

In the meantime, check out today's USA Today and this article on Bill Cosby. America's favorite funnyman has been depositing regularly in his good will savings account over the years and now he's drawing on some of that collateral and credibility as he tours the country "calling out" inner-city communities to a higher standard of personal responsiblity and behavior.

His ongoing multi-city tour is stirring up controversy, just like his NAACP speech did 2 years ago. And, just like the controversial Da Vinci Code, a spate of "in response to" books are popping up as well.

Comments:
You will love Wordpress. Welcome to the club. If you have any orientation questions, let me know.
 
cool. I've liked the experience with both WebbleYou and Wordpress over the last month or so. I don't like having to edit posts/pages after they're created, because it tends to screw up formatting. That's my main dislike.

I've added a number of plugins, plus created some derivative plugins myself. That's been pretty cool and I look forward to doing more in the future to do things I want to do (if I can't find that someone's already done it).

I got mine up in a short time, but I've been modifying it ever since. I still have a lengthy "to do" list as well, and probably will for some time (just got this page up, with additional modifications likely to come). I figure it'll be an ongoing process.

Good luck. I may be able to answer a few questions, too.
 
Your leaving blogger? You owe your fame and fortune to blogger. Where will this madness lead? I'm guessing you will have a professional website next with paid staff. Amazon has it's eyes on you (and your drawers).

Man, wish I had done it first. However, that would require that I update my blog on a regular basis.

Seriously, you have probably reached the limitations of blogger and it is time to move on and up. Let me know how it goes.
 
Greg and Scott--

I think I'll like it once I get used to things. Of course the big issue at the moment is getting the header picture the way I want it. Also, I'm having to go in and fix images so that text wraps around and other odds and ends. I think this is going to take a while.

Greg, BTW, I'm having trouble viewing your site with Firefox (no problems with IE). I emptied out my cache, but it still looks jumbled up. Is there something you can do on your end?

Ed--

Yeah, with all that fame and fortune I'm able to afford the $4.00 a month to use WordPress. I think it's going to look pretty sharp here in a few days, so check back in soon.
 
yeah, I'm still aligning my pictures from the past and categorizing old posts. I think I'm done back through November now.

I don't have firefox so I have no idea. But I've been considering getting it since others I know use it and speak highly of it. When I do, I'll check it out. I'll also ask a friend of mine here who uses FF.
 
okay, I was curious...

I downloaded firefox and saw the problems... after several minutes, I've got it looking (I believe) like it does in IE.

Apparently some issues with the way I was commenting out some code, which IE was forgiving, but I guess FF wasn't.

Let me know if you still see problems.
 
Greg--

It looks much better now.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?