Saturday, March 18, 2006

What's in My Fridge?

That question came to mind recently as I read Bill Gnade's piercing Lenten reflection "A Eucharistic Chore, Trash Bags in Hand."

Bill's metaphorical montage serves to put mundane matters such as March Madness in their proper place--far behind getting right with God and cleaning out the spoilage and rot tucked away in the recesses of my soul.

Like Bill, I need to check the mental fridge and do a little spring cleaning. Unlike Bill, I'm afraid I may lack the courage to open the door and look inside.

Comments:
Thanks for the link. I loved his metaphors. I can't say that I lack the courage to peek inside my refrigerator, however I'm probably too lazy to do a thorough cleaning - just like my real fridge.
 
My dear friend,

Blessings to you. You are no doubt stronger than you think, and I believe you are far stronger than I.

Peace,

Gnade
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?